UK: Niche Drinks plans new GBP10m distillery
Cream liqueur producer Niche Drinks has announced it is investing GBP10m (US$15.6m) in a new production facility - including a distillery - as part of a relocation plan in Northern Ireland.
Niche Drinks, formerly St. Brendan’s Irish Cream Liqueur Co, has applied for planning permission to build the new facility and is looking at sites in the Campsie area of the county of Derry. The company is also seeking permission to change the use of its current six-acre plant in Londonderry from manufacturing to a supermarket site.
Earlier today (7 June), Ciaran Mulgrew, Niche Drinks' MD, said: "Our business has remained strong even in the current climate and we have to plan for the future. We want to increase our production capacity and to add new technologies into the business and that is why we are looking to build a distillery in the new factory."
Niche Drinks has been manufacturing and exporting cream liqueurs from its site at the former Leckpatrick Dairy for nearly 30 years.
It currently manufactures Luxco’s St Brendan’s Irish Cream Liqueur, which is exported to the US, Scandinavia, Russia and mainland Europe. The company also supplies UK multiple retailers with a mixture of own label and Niche Drinks-branded products.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research