NETHERLANDS: Next generation to continue Heineken dynasty
The Heineken annual shareholders meeting is on 25 April
Heineken will propose the appointment of its founder's great-great grandson to its board of directors at next month's annual shareholders meeting.
Alexander de Carvalho, 28, is the eldest son of Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken, who owns a controlling interest in the Dutch brewer. His appointment will continue “the tradition of personal involvement in the Heineken group by successive generations of the Heineken family”, the company said today (1 March).
Alexander is the grandson of former Heineken president Freddy Heineken and great-great grandson of Gerard Adriaan Heineken, who started Heineken in 1864. He graduated from Harvard Collage and is an associate at Lion Capital, a private equity firm
Heineken's annual shareholders meeting takes place on 25 April.
This month, Heineken posted a strong set of full-year results as emerging markets helped drive growth.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
Alcoholic Drinks in the Czech Republic industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast ...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk