EUROPE/NEW ZEALAND: New Zealand Winegrowers' European boss departs
New Zealand Winegrowers' director for Europe, David Cox, has left the group to "pursue other interests and projects", the body announced today (16 July).
Cox, who had worked for the group since May 2009, left last week, it was confirmed to just-drinks. In a separate statement, the trade body said: "David Cox, Director – Europe for New Zealand Winegrowers has left the organisation to pursue other interests and projects."
No other information or reason was given for Cox's departure. After being contacted by just-drinks, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers' CEO, said: "David left us last week, but I cannot comment any more than that.
"We are now focusing on the future for NZ wine in both Europe and the UK, which we believe is looking very positive."
Cox ran the body's European office, based in New Zealand House, London. The office gives marketing and promotional support to the trade and consumers and aims to boost the image of New Zealand wines in Europe.
Prior to working for for New Zealand Wingrowers, Cox was managing director for Wines Europe, Brown-Forman's remote wine business. He was also a former chairman of the advisory board of the London Wine & Spirits Fair.
Chris Yorke, the group's global marketing director, said: "We will be looking for an experienced, credible wine marketer who wants to be part of the next stage of New Zealand wine’s growth in Europe.”
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2012....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US