UK/NZ: New Zealand Winegrowers appoints director, Europe
New Zealand Winegrowers has announced the appointment of David Cox as director for Europe.
Previously managing director of Brown-Forman Europe, Cox will replace Warren Adamson who tended his resignation in February. He will begin in his role on 20 May.
"It has been a tight process and there was a high quality of candidates," Chris Yorke, global marketing director for New Zealand Winegrowers told reporters at the LIWF today (14 May).
"The New Zealand franchise is worth GBP300m (US$177m) so we therefore needed a strong candidate to drive that and David was the right person. He has European experience ….an area we will be focusing on in the next few years so it is a very good fit. He will be a very good ambassador for New Zealand wines in the UK."
Cox has over 14 years of experience working with Brown-Forman, where he developed the organic New World brands of Fetzer and Bonterra. Prior to that he worked for his family's business, Matthew Clark, as director of export.
"Becoming the head of Europe for New Zealand Winegrowers really is a dream job for me," said Cox. "New Zealand is in a fantastic place in this market already, but we can take it to the next level, broadening the appeal of New Zealand wines to a greater number of wine drinkers, while retaining and enhancing further its premium image."
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand’s...
Industry leaders this week read the riot act to Australia's winemakers and grape growers, but the country is far from down and out....
A fortnight ago, Wines of South Africa held its biennial tasting event for the country's wine producers in London. At the show, the trade body unveiled its latest marketing tool: 'DNA SA - a Brand Blu...
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard's decision to leav...
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking, the industry-led self-regulation organisation based in Brussels, has named Guillaume de Guitaut, global public affairs director at Moët-Hennessy, as its ne...
The Samuel Adams Barrel Room Collection...
Brown-Forman's Woodford Reserve Master's Collection...
Brown-Forman has launched a number of interactive online platforms for its El Jimador Tequila brand....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends