US: New Wines of Greece targets NA with roadshow
Quick, the Greeks are coming
Trade body New Wines of Greece has opened its North American division.
The organisation said earlier this week that it has set up offices in New York, Montreal and Toronto, which will run a three-year campaign designed to increase awareness of Greek wines with consumers, members of the trade and media in the continent.
The initiative is sponsored by the Greek National Inter-Professional Organization of Vine and Wine (EDOAO) and is financed by the EU and Greece.
New Wines of Greece held its first events last week in Toronto and Montreal as part of a 2010 North American Roadshow, a series of tastings and seminars sponsored by the Hellenic Foreign Trade Board - HEPO - and financed by the EU and Greece.
This week, the roadshow visits Chicago and New York, with 50 wineries in attendance, representing all of the major wine producing regions of Greece.
Further details of future events are available by clicking here.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future