US: New wine marketing director at Frederick Wildman
Frederick Wildman and Sons has appointed a director of marketing for its fine wine division in the US.
The New York-based company said yesterday (25 August) that Martin Sinkoff will join Wildman from Pasternak Wine Imports, where he had worked on a consultancy basis.
Sinkoff will report directly to Wildman's president and CEO, Richard Cacciato, and will be responsible for determining the company's overall fine wine strategy and marketing activities. He will also supervise a team of brand managers encompassing Wildman's Fine Wine portfolio, to include: the Estate wines from Italy; the company's French brands; Wildman's Burgundy group, as well as boutique brands from Spain, Chile, South Africa, Germany, and Portugal.
"We are truly thrilled to include in our team someone with Martin's experience and motivation," says Cacciato, president of Wildman. "His extensive wine knowledge and understanding of results-driven marketing adds tremendous value to our company as we continue to build our renowned wine brands."
Prior to his time at Pasternak, Sinkoff was president of Val d'Orbieu Wines, marketer of Reserve St. Martin wines in the US. He has also spent some time at Glazer's Wholesale Distributors, for whom he created the wine department.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director