US: New VP for western region at AV Brands
AV Brands has appointed a vice president for its western region in the US.
The Maryland-based wine and spirits importer and marketer said yesterday (28 January) that Charles Spelman will fill the role, joining AV from Joel Gott Wines, where he was national sales manager.
Prior to his time at Joel Gott, Spelman has also worked at Palace Brands, Southern Wines and Spirits, the Robert Mondavi Corporation as vice president of northern division sales and Delicato Family Vineyards, where he was national senior vice president of sales.
"Chuck's appointment to AV Brands further strengthens an already solid executive team," said AV's president, Roy Danis. "I am confident that Chuck's seasoned experience will take the company to the next level and solidify AV Brands as a performance leader."
Acquired by the Codorniu Group in 2007, AV Brands is a national sales and marketing company representing a portfolio of wines and spirits which includes Don Roberto Tequila, Amarula Cream and Artesa Vineyards & Winery.
Having not made a major acquisition for a couple of years, Campari was back in the spotlight last month when it acquired Wild Turkey Bourbon from Pernod Ricard. Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz spoke w...
Spirits such as soju and cachaça may be less well known than vodka and whisky, but according to a new report from IWSR and just-drinks, could offer considerable benefits to multinationals, both in und...
Fortune Brands has reported a 58% drop in net profits for the first six months of 2009, but reaffirmed full-year guidance following a solid performance from subsidiary Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
Tim Condron is to leave Beam Global Spirits & Wine to become vice president of sales and marketing for the Beam Global portfolio at distributor Southern Wine & Spirits of America....
Gruppo Campari subsidiary Skyy Spirits has revamped the packaging for its Cabo Wabo Tequila brand....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
White Rock Distilleries has expanded its Pinnacle flavoured vodka range....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is launching Tres Generaciones Tequila in the UK, a super premium extension to its Sauza brand....
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Ex-Diageo exec takes over Island Club spirits
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets