US: New VP at Liquid International
Liquid International Premium Spirits (LIPS) has appointed a new vice president of its western division. Jennifer Shoemaker assumed the position on Monday (15 August), the company's president, Dan Lasner, said this week.
Prior to joining LIPS, Shoemaker worked for Moet Hennessy USA, Schieffelin and Somerset Co. and William Grant and Sons, Inc.
"Jennifer's knowledge of the industry and her key trade relationships will be a major asset in building the company's existing portfolio," Lasner said in a statement. "Jennifer will continue the growth of the company's brands in the Western Division states with a key focus on the sales and marketing efforts in coordinating with the distributor network.
"This is just one of many strategic personnel additions we will be making to the company."
"We believe Ms. Shoemaker is a perfect match," Leila Awad, national marketing director added. "In a time when even the mammoth companies in our industry are merging, we feel the opportunities for our very visual, high quality products in top categories are ripe."
Shoemaker will be based in San Juan Capistrano, California.
LIPS is an importer and brand owner of Mezzaluna Vodka, Mezzaluna Limoncello, Liquid Ice Organic Vodka, NapaSaki Super Premium Sakes, Kensington Gin and Sol Dios Tequilas.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Hayman Distillers is launching a sampling campaign for its gin liqueur, Hayman's 1820....
Driven on by what the company called a "remarkable start of year" for its Asia/ Rest of World business, Pernod Ricard today announced that its first quarter wine and spirit net sales had increase 7% o...
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that it will make an offer for Allied Domecq this week, according to yesterday's press reports....
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research