UK: New UK wine event picks "very busy month" - LIWF
The organiser of the London International Wine Fair has warned that a new wine trade event that launches next year may struggle due to its timing.
Yesterday (23 October), William Reed Business Media announced the launch of 'London 2013', a wine trade event targeting UK wine buyers across both the on- and off-trade in the country. The one-day exhibition is set to run on 24 September in the capital.
However, when contacted by just-drinks, the exhibition director at LIWF organiser Brintex suggested that the event will be competing for attention during a lively month for the wine industry. “The trade are constantly being presented with new tasting and event opportunities,” James Murray told just-drinks. “September, in particular, is a very busy month, especially on the back of the harvest and time will tell if this is viable or not.”
Murray highlighted that Brintex's job “is not to critique and slate every event that crops up, but to deliver a quality fair for the trade that generates maximum value for all concerned”.
“The London International Wine Fair will continue to provide access to an unparalleled volume of suppliers and producers,” he added, “offering … a phenomenal range of tastings, debates, networking and business opportunities.”
In late-August, Brintex announced that it is moving the date of next year's event to include a Monday. The trade fair takes place between 20 and 22 May.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends