UK: New UK wine event picks "very busy month" - LIWF
The organiser of the London International Wine Fair has warned that a new wine trade event that launches next year may struggle due to its timing.
Yesterday (23 October), William Reed Business Media announced the launch of 'London 2013', a wine trade event targeting UK wine buyers across both the on- and off-trade in the country. The one-day exhibition is set to run on 24 September in the capital.
However, when contacted by just-drinks, the exhibition director at LIWF organiser Brintex suggested that the event will be competing for attention during a lively month for the wine industry. “The trade are constantly being presented with new tasting and event opportunities,” James Murray told just-drinks. “September, in particular, is a very busy month, especially on the back of the harvest and time will tell if this is viable or not.”
Murray highlighted that Brintex's job “is not to critique and slate every event that crops up, but to deliver a quality fair for the trade that generates maximum value for all concerned”.
“The London International Wine Fair will continue to provide access to an unparalleled volume of suppliers and producers,” he added, “offering … a phenomenal range of tastings, debates, networking and business opportunities.”
In late-August, Brintex announced that it is moving the date of next year's event to include a Monday. The trade fair takes place between 20 and 22 May.
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends