UK: New TV campaign for Miller relaunch
Scottish Courage is supporting the relaunch of the US beer Miller by rolling out a major new television advertising campaign in Scotland.
The advertisements, which are designed, said the company, to further develop the appeal of 'Millertime' in the UK will focus on two American drinkers Frank and Bill, whose favourite pastime is consuming Miller and revelling in their obsession with one beer.
There will be four executions of the advertisement, which breaks on 1st October titled Beach Volleyball, Vision, Dick and Cans.
John Botia, brands director for lager at Scottish Courage said: "Miller continues to perform well in the standard lager market and is particularly strong in Scotland as it offers consumers a fresh, contemporary alternative on the bar and in the shops.
"The new ads, whilst moving on from the Johnny Miller campaign, still maintain the same underground humour," he added.
The Miller relaunch also sees the brand dropping the Pilsner tag, by introducing a new silver livery. In the on-trade a new head injection technology dispense tap has been introduced, which according to Scottish Courage reduces wastage.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends