UK: New TV campaign for Miller relaunch
Scottish Courage is supporting the relaunch of the US beer Miller by rolling out a major new television advertising campaign in Scotland.
The advertisements, which are designed, said the company, to further develop the appeal of 'Millertime' in the UK will focus on two American drinkers Frank and Bill, whose favourite pastime is consuming Miller and revelling in their obsession with one beer.
There will be four executions of the advertisement, which breaks on 1st October titled Beach Volleyball, Vision, Dick and Cans.
John Botia, brands director for lager at Scottish Courage said: "Miller continues to perform well in the standard lager market and is particularly strong in Scotland as it offers consumers a fresh, contemporary alternative on the bar and in the shops.
"The new ads, whilst moving on from the Johnny Miller campaign, still maintain the same underground humour," he added.
The Miller relaunch also sees the brand dropping the Pilsner tag, by introducing a new silver livery. In the on-trade a new head injection technology dispense tap has been introduced, which according to Scottish Courage reduces wastage.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future