UK: New travel retail exclusive from Highland Park
Orkney Scotch whisky distillery Highland Park has launched a 21-year-old variant for the travel retail market.
The new whisky is described by the distillery as its latest "core expression", and has been developed exclusively for travel retail. It will be a permanent addition to the range.
Highland Park 21 Year Old is bottled at a higher strength than its 18-year-old expression, and in terms of flavour profile, is more closely related to Highland Park 30 Year Old, the company added.
The new addition will have a recommended retail price in the global travel retail market of EUR79 (US$99).
William Ovens, area director for global travel retail at Highland Park's owner, the Edrington Group, said: "We are delighted with the continued success Highland Park enjoys in this market and the introduction of the 21-year-old not only fills the gap between the 18 and 25-year-old expressions but extends our range of aged variants to six, meaning Highland Park has the widest range of aged expressions of any single malt brand in this channel."
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
Malt whisky continues to outpace the growth of blended Scotch and its leading brands are putting in stellar performances. But as a new report from just-drinks explains, a closer look reveals a categor...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Consultation on the proposed new Scotch Whisky regulations has taken an unexpected and dramatic turn, with the suggestion for a controversial sixth sales category....
United Spirits is looking to launch a locally-produced version of Whyte & Mackay whisky in India later this year....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the UK roll-out of the Jameson Premium Collection, following the initial unveiling of the range late last year....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine will be hosting a global online tasting of its Islay malt whisky, Laphroaig this month....
Morrison Bowmore is launching a line of expressions for its Auchentoshan whisky range alongside a new packaging design for the brand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020