EU: New tax and customs website launched
The European Commission has launched a taxation and customs website which can provide drinks companies with practical information on excise duty rates and rules in place across the European Union (EU).
It also offers relevant information on VAT and company taxation, including on the 10 countries that joined the EU in May.
Other information includes tax allowances on alcoholic drinks being transported between EU member countries, as well as rules on tax and duty free sales.
"Small- and medium-sized enterprises often suffer from a lack of relevant information, discouraging them from working or operating across borders," said new taxation Commissioner László Kovács.
See particularly relevant chapters- http://europa.eu.int/comm/taxation_customs/common/info_country/eu_10/index_en.htm, http://europa.eu.int/comm/taxation_customs/common/info_country/eu_15/index_en.htm and http://europa.eu.int/comm/taxation_customs/resources/documents/excise_duties-part_I_alcohol-en.pdf
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts