US: New senior VP for Starbucks
Starbucks Coffee Company announced today that Gerardo "Gerry" Lopez has accepted the position of senior-vice president and president, Global Consumer Products, effective from 4 October.
In this newly-created role, Lopez will lead the strategy to support Starbucks growth and expansion of consumer product offerings worldwide. Lopez will report to Jim Donald, president, North America.
"Gerry's strong leadership skills and connection with people across the organisation, particularly those on the front line, will add great value to Starbucks and help us develop relationships with potential business partners while continuing to increase unique offerings to the global consumer," said Donald.
Lopez has previously held senior level marketing positions at PepsiCo, Inc. and Procter and Gamble.
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch