US: New senior VP for Starbucks
Starbucks Coffee Company announced today that Gerardo "Gerry" Lopez has accepted the position of senior-vice president and president, Global Consumer Products, effective from 4 October.
In this newly-created role, Lopez will lead the strategy to support Starbucks growth and expansion of consumer product offerings worldwide. Lopez will report to Jim Donald, president, North America.
"Gerry's strong leadership skills and connection with people across the organisation, particularly those on the front line, will add great value to Starbucks and help us develop relationships with potential business partners while continuing to increase unique offerings to the global consumer," said Donald.
Lopez has previously held senior level marketing positions at PepsiCo, Inc. and Procter and Gamble.
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO