UK: New sales director for GlaxoSmithKline
GlaxoSmithKline has appointed a new sales director and vice-president Nutritional Healthcare UK to head up the sales operation for its portfolio of drinks brands.
Andrew Cowan has been promoted from trading director for Out of Home and Wholesale where he led GlaxoSmithKline's Out of Home expansion of its drink brands: Lucozade Energy, Lucozade Sport, Ribena and Horlicks.
In his new role Cowan will report directly to general manager, Graham Neale. In addition to the core sales team of over 300 people, Cowan has recently created new divisions covering Sales Strategy & Category Planning and Customer Activation which he will also oversee.
In a statement, Graham Neale, general manager, Nutritional Healthcare, GlaxoSmithKline said: "GSK is an ambitious organisation which has big plans in place for 2005 and beyond. Andrew has all the experience, energy and enthusiasm needed to drive forward the continued success of our business."
Andrew Cowan said: "The challenge of developing and harnessing sales strategies for some of the UK's most loved and trusted brands is one I relish. In this increasingly competitive trading environment a broad base of knowledge and understanding of both the drinks business and our customers is essential. I have a first class team helping to deliver on this challenge who constantly bring new and innovative solutions to the needs of our customers."
Cowan joined GlaxoSmithKline from Crookes Healthcare in 2000 where he was national accounts controller.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018