US: New sales and marketing VP at Olinger
Olinger Distributing Co. has appointed a new vice president of sales and marketing for wine. Company president Jim Oliver yesterday named Bill Stevens as the new VP, effective from 1 May. Stevens will report directly to Oliver in his new role.
Stevens has been in the wine industry for 13 years, working in both the supplier and distributor tiers. Since 2000, he has been the area sales manager for the Robert Mondavi Winery for the Northeast region, after having served as Robert Mondavi's area chain sales manager for the Midwest. Before that, Stevens worked in sales for Heidelberg Distributing in Cincinnati. He started his career at the Gallo Sales Company in California.
Olinger Distributing Company is an Indiana-based 50-50 joint venture between Glazer's Distributors and the Danny Romano family. Olinger employs more than 350 sales and service professionals.
Glazer's, currently operating in 11 states, is one of the US's largest wholesale distributors of wine, spirits, and malt beverage products.
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Gallo has finally reached an agreement with the union United Farm Workers, after around two years of talks....
Thresher has selected E&J Gallo to produce its own-label California wine range....
Heineken USA has appointed a new general manager for its Central Region....
E&J Gallo winery is launching its first French wine brand, Red Bicyclette, in the UK....
Ernest and Julio Gallo has become the target for protests from workers in the US....
National Wine & Spirits has posted its figures for the fiscal year 2005....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends