JAPAN: New products from Japan
New Low-Malt Beer for the Winter Suntory was the first Japanese brewer to launch low-malt beers in Japan and for a few years Suntory was market leader. Demand for this type of beer has increased to above 20% total market share (beer and low-malt beer market), mostly driven by sales of rival Kirin Brewery's Tanrei Nama, which has pushed Suntory into second place. Kirin, Suntory and Sapporo have all relied on low-malt beers to help maintain volume while Asahi Breweries relentlessly eats away their regular beer market share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report