CANADA: New president and CEO unveiled at Corby Distilleries
Corby Distilleries has appointed a replacement president and CEO.
The Canada-based company, which holds the licence for Pernod Ricard's brands in its home market and is more than 50%-controlled by the French drinks giant, said yesterday (7 May) that Patrick O'Driscoll has been appointed as Corby's president and CEO.
The move follows the announcement earlier this year that outgoing Corby CEO and president Con Constandis was moving to become MD of Pernod Ricard China.
O'Driscoll is currently the chairman and CEO of Pernod subsdiary Malibu-Kahlúa International, based in New York.
"I am extremely pleased that we have found a strong leader in Patrick and I am confident that his significant industry experience will continue to foster growth and create value at Corby," said Corby's chairman, George McCarthy.
"We congratulate Con again on his appointment and look forward to working with Patrick to deliver future success at Corby."
O'Driscoll will assume the position on 1 July.
Pernod Ricard's exposure to emerging markets, and particularly China, could have put the drinks giant on a shallower curve than some others in the sector in the economic downturn....
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
Pernod Ricard has begun a European travel retail promotion for its Ballantine's 30 Year Old Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard shareholders have approved a cash dividend payment of EUR0.5 (US$0.74) per share for the French wine and spirit group's most recent fiscal year....
Pernod Ricard has said it expects like-for-like operating profits to grow by between 1% and 3% for its fiscal full-year....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Pernod Ricard has teamed up with designer Christian Lacroix to launch a limited edition Chivas Regal 12 Year Old Magnum....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends