US: New president and CEO at Pyramid
Pyramid Breweries Inc. has unveiled a new president and CEO. John J. Lennon will fill both positions early next month when he joins the company.
Lennon's previous position was president and CEO of Beck's North America, a US$150 m division of Interbrew, where he had responsibility for the US, Canada and the Caribbean. Lennon has over 20 years experience as a senior executive in marketing, sales and general management, including eight years leading and managing businesses within the branded consumer goods industry. In addition to his work with Beck's, he has held senior positions with Diageo, Guinness, FEMSA, Grand Metropolitan and Nestle.
In a statement, board chairman George Hancock said: "John is a seasoned and highly regarded brewing industry executive who brings a wealth of valuable skills to the Pyramid team. His experience is almost entirely in the Better Beer industry with companies whose beers, like Pyramid, are sold based on their high quality and unique flavors. This experience is directly relevant to the task at hand."
During his career, Lennon has built a successful track record of leading businesses ranging from US$10 m to US$300 m on three continents. "John's ability to build beer brands will be invaluable as we seek to leverage our growing Beverage and Alehouse Divisions," said Hancock.
"Pyramid has tremendous potential, and I am very excited about the company," noted Lennon. "I believe that my broad marketing and operational experience in the brewing industry makes a great fit with a strong Pyramid management team. I look forward to utilising my capabilities and experience to help drive the long term success of the company."
A native of New York, Lennon will be based at Pyramid's headquarters in Seattle, Washington.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
Nestle Waters is to start an overhaul of its French water operations without Perrier....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK