UK: New PET format for Magners
C&C Group is launching a 330ml PET version of its Magners Irish Cider brand in the UK following increasing demand for the new format.
The PET bottle, which has a six-month shelf life, could be used for occasions where glass restrictions may apply such as gigs, nightclubs and sporting events, the Ireland-based company said yesterday (7 May).
"Cider is the only LAD category showing volume growth in England and Wales, fuelled largely by packaged cider," said Jules Macken, brand manager at Magners. "This new pack has been developed in response to considerable trade demand and enables us to continue to recruit new consumers to the cider category and the Magners brand. The new PET bottle will enable consumers to enjoy a refreshing drink of Magners on many more occasions."
Magners 330ml PET bottle will be will be available to buy in cases of 24 from this month.
Sectors: Beer & cider
A global economic downturn and soaring raw materials costs have forced beverage companies to reduce the amount of material used in their packaging, a new report says....
The top ten most read stories on just-drinks last week....
One of France's principal wine producers will export its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau in plastic bottles for the first time this year....
Boisset Family Estates has introduced three varietals of French wine in PET bottles made with 'oxygen scavenger' technology for the US market....
Top bottled water companies Nestlé Waters, Danone and Highland Spring, have launched a new industry lobbying association to jointly promote their sector....
Burgundy-based winemaker Labouré-Roi has unveiled an eco-friendly initiative to coincide with the launch of its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau....
PepsiCo and Britvic have signed a sports drink deal for its Gatorade's brand to sponsor Guinness Premiership English rugby....
The management at Cott Corporation has said it remains upbeat about the future, despite lowering its expectations for this year....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review