US: New name for Pepsi brand
PepsiCo has announced a name change for one of its brands. The US drinks company announced yesterday (1 November) that, in an effort to help consumers identify it as a soft drink free of sugar, calories, carbs and caffeine, Diet Sierra Mist will become Sierra Mist Free this week.
Launched nationally in 2003, Diet Sierra Mist is targeted at consumers watching their consumption of sugar, calories, carbs and caffeine more closely.
"The new name highlights what has always been true - Sierra Mist Free is free of the things you don't need," said Steve Sears, VP of marketing for flavours, Pepsi-Cola North America.
"We're giving people a better understanding of the benefits of Sierra Mist Free while also re-engaging current diet consumers and attracting new people to the brand."
Sierra Mist Free will be supported with a marketing campaign that will include TV, radio and print advertising beginning this month.
Sierra Mist Free is now available in 2-litre, 20-ounce and 1/2 litre 6-pack bottles as well as 12 and 24-pack 12-ounce cans.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK