AUS: New MD for McGuigan Simeon
McGuigan Simeon has appointed a replacement for retiring managing director Brian McGuigan.
The Australian wine company said today (9 February) that Dane Hudson would assume the position from 1 March.
McGuigan, who announced he was standing down last November, will remain on the company's board.
Hudson joins McGuigan Simeon from restaurant company Yum Brands, whose brands include KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. Hudson had held the position of senior vice-president at Yum Brands.
Speaking to Dow Jones today (9 February), McGuigan said that Hudson's lack of wine experience was not a problem, as he would bring a solid financial background to the business as well as experience in international markets.
"It's the experience of dealing with consumer products. While it's a different commodity to a degree, wine has developed into a consumer product," McGuigan said.
The company is in the middle of a stand-off with grapegrowers. McGuigan earlier this week stalled on a decision whether to reinstate grapegrowers' contracts after suspending a number of contracts late last year. The growers are mulling litigation on the matter.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends