US: New marketing VP at Absolut
Absolut has appointed a new vice president of marketing. The company announced today that Matthias Aeppli will fill the role effective immediately. He replaces James Goodwin who left the company in September.
Aeppli will be responsible for guiding all of the marketing activities for Absolut's brands that include ABSOLUT VODKA, Level Vodka, DANZKA Vodka and Plymouth Gin. Specifically, Aeppli will oversee all advertising, marketing, public relations, promotions and event management activities within the United States.
In a statement, president and CEO Carl Horton said: "Matthias is a great addition to our team. His extensive background in the spirits industry and understanding of our current business challenges will reap immediate rewards for our brands and business."
Aeppli added: "It is a great honour for me to be helping further the growth of ABSOLUT as well as (the company's) other brands."
Prior to joining Absolut, Aeppli served as the vice president of global marketing at Diageo, where he oversaw global management of the Captain Morgan rum brand. Before Diageo, Aeppli worked for Seagram's as its vice president of marketing, Latin America. In addition, he worked for The Coca-Cola Company and British-American Tobacco Company.
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research