US: New marketing SVP for AD
Allied Domecq North America has appointed a new senior vice president of marketing. The wine and spirits giant announced yesterday that Simon Hunt will replace Simon Cunningham, who has been appointed the commercial director for Allied Domecq Europe.
Hunt joins the North American spirits business from Allied Domecq Spirits and Wines, where he served as senior vice president of innovation. Prior to joining AD, Hunt worked for United Distillers and Vintners North America (now Diageo) for eight years in a variety of local and international marketing roles. Most recently, he acted as the vice president of Global Marketing on the Smirnoff vodka brand.
In a statement, Jim Clerkin, president of AD Spirits, North America, said: "Simon's unique blend of in-depth marketing experience and proven leadership skills will be a true asset to Allied Domecq's North American Spirits operation.
"His vision has lead to some of the industry's most successful and high-profile product launches," Clerkin added.
Hunt will oversee the marketing strategies for all Allied Domecq Spirits, North America brands, including Kahlúa, Stolichnaya, Sauza, Beefeater, Courvoisier, Maker's Mark, Malibu, Canadian Club, Wet by Beefeater and Kuya.
Answering directly to Clerkin, Hunt will serve as a member of the North American spirits executive team, in addition to maintaining his position on the ADSW PLC international marketing executive team.
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Fortune Brands has started making moves to acquire in the European drinks industry, according to press reports....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report