US: New marketing group manager at Modelo
Modelo has appointed a new marketing group general manager. The brewer announced yesterday that Don Mann, the marketing leader for Corona beer at The Gambrinus Company, has been promoted to the position.
Mann heads up a marketing management group that oversees the company's billion dollar business unit of imported beers from Mexico's Grupo Modelo. The portfolio includes Corona Extra, Corona Light, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo and Pacifico brands.
Mann's marketing career began with Kraft Foods in the late 1980s. He joined Gambrinus, the exclusive importer for the Modelo portfolio in the eastern US, in 1995 to lead the marketing efforts behind Corona Extra - the number one imported beer in the US.
Mann will report to president & CEO, Carlos Alvarez.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends