UK: New look for KWV Classics
KWV is launching a new logo and packaging for its KWV Classics range.
"The design implies that KWV is the heart of the business - inside 'the house', and to emphasise long history the phrase 'Established 1918' is now a permanent feature of the logo," the company said yesterday (9 February).
"The KWV Classics are continuing to be a success in the UK," said Gary Proctor, MD of Edward Cavendish, the KWV-owned UK distributor for KWV Classics. "Our research has shown that our consumers identify the brand as being traditional, aspirational and classic yet stylish so we have designed modern, new labelling that will communicate these key features and appeal to the increasingly sophisticated consumer."
The KWV Classics range includes KWV Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Pinotage, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. All the wines are priced at between GBP4.79 and GBP4.99 in the UK.
The new logo will be applied to KWV wines all over the world.
PepsiCo is about to relaunch in South Africa, a market where Coca-Cola has had things entirely its own way for many years. Arnold Kirkby looks at PepsiCo's plans and assesses the impact the company's ...
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
South African wine group KWV has appointed a senior winemaker....
Golden Kaan is to launch in the UK....
KWV has revamped its entry level brand in the UK Pearly Bay with a new label and outer packaging....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
After more than three months of negotiations, 94 employees at KWV SA, the production wing of KWV Limited, have taken either a severance package, early retirement or have been retrenched. Originally 10...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends