UK: New look for Gaymer Olde English
Gaymer Cider Company's Olde English brand has received a packaging redesign as part of a GBP500,000 (US$999,219) investment for this year.
Speaking with just-drinks today (23 April) a spokesperson for Olde English said: "Olde English is a brand in growth. The new packaging has a contemporary feel and should freshen things up, encouraging customers to try the product. The new packaging will be going into the trade now, but be on shelf by the end of the month."
Gaymer has also announced that they have lowered the off-trade abv for Olde English, from 5.3% to 4.5%, to bring consistency between draught and packaged, the company said.
Gaymer's managing director John Mills added: "The decision to lower the off-trade abv was to enable Olde English to sit in line with the growing segment of the market at 4.5%."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018