UK: New look for Gaymer Olde English
Gaymer Cider Company's Olde English brand has received a packaging redesign as part of a GBP500,000 (US$999,219) investment for this year.
Speaking with just-drinks today (23 April) a spokesperson for Olde English said: "Olde English is a brand in growth. The new packaging has a contemporary feel and should freshen things up, encouraging customers to try the product. The new packaging will be going into the trade now, but be on shelf by the end of the month."
Gaymer has also announced that they have lowered the off-trade abv for Olde English, from 5.3% to 4.5%, to bring consistency between draught and packaged, the company said.
Gaymer's managing director John Mills added: "The decision to lower the off-trade abv was to enable Olde English to sit in line with the growing segment of the market at 4.5%."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat