US: New look and promo push for Sprite
Coca-Cola Co. is to revamp the packaging for soft drink brand Sprite.
The lemon-lime soft drink will be backed by a new advertising campaign and the first packaging update since the early 1990s, Coke said yesterday (18 May).
The advertising push, known as 'SubLYMONal,' will feature adverts that are the opposite of subliminal advertising, the company said.
Each spot begins with a voiceover that says, "Welcome to 'SubLYMONal' advertising. For best results, do not blink." The commercials even indicate that they are "DVR Ready," tempting people to record and replay them to discover embedded content within. The action in each ad is interrupted by flashing images and messages and each spot closes with the words, "SubLYMONal Message Complete" and the tagline "Obey."
Within the adverts will be special codes that can unlock content on the brand's new website (www.SubLYMONal.com).
"Because our new 'SubLYMONal' campaign overtly parodies the concept of subliminal advertising and acknowledges up front that the commercials contain hidden content, we are sure that people will want to interact with this advertising," said Don King, group director, Sprite, Coca-Cola North America.
The campaign features four 30-second television commercials, one 60-second cinema ad, as well as print and outdoor executions.
At the same time, Sprite's packaging graphics have been redesigned, including a new 'S' brand icon that will be featured on all packaging and marketing elements.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets