US: New legal head at Molson Coors
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief legal officer. Samuel D. Walker, 46, will assume the position with immediate effect, the company said yesterday (4 April). Walker was previously US general counsel and group vice president for public affairs with Coors.
In his new role, Walker is responsible for all the corporation's legal matters, while continuing to oversee communications, government relations, corporate social responsibility, and water and natural resources within Molson Coors' US business unit. Walker will also oversee the corporate secretary and will work closely with the new Molson Coors board in realising its first year agenda.
"I am pleased we have the talent within our organisation to fill this important position quickly," said Leo Kiely, chief executive officer of Molson Coors. "Sam's depth of experience, knowledge of our industry, and commitment to our company and its values make him the ideal choice. Sam has also distinguished himself as a key strategist on legal and public affairs matters during his tenure with the company."
Legg Mason has lowered its 2005 earnings per share estimates for the brewer Molson Coors to US$4.28 from US$4.97....
Molson Coors is more likely than not to keep hold of its Brazilian operations because of the huge potential of the market there, an analyst has said. This is despite a run of poor results from the com...
Molson is to start production of Coors' Blue Moon beer for the US market from its Montreal brewery....
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits