S AFRICA: New KWV chief rings the changes
Thys Loubser, the newly-appointed chief executive at KWV Ltd, has begun ringing the changes at the South African drinks group.
Loubser, who officially took over as CEO on 1 February, has flattened the company's senior management structure and eliminated its KWV International and KWV South Africa units.
The move is the first phase in the realignment of KWV Ltd, a spokesman said. A fuller picture should emerge by the end of March.
The spokesman said this was not a cost-cutting exercise, but rather one to streamline the company.
Loubser paid homage to the work done by his predecessor Dr Willem Barnard, who was one of the key movers in KWV's transformation from a co-operative over the past decade. Loubser is aiming to further commercialise the group.
Thys Loubser was previously a high flier in the chemical industry but when he was invited to become CEO of the South African wine group KWV he had no hesitation in taking the job. In this month's just...
As they gather in London for their annual tasting, Cape wine producers have two rather unpalatable facts to contemplate - falling sales in the UK and the country's failure to build its presence in the...
Coming up at this year's Vinexpo in Bordeaux…...
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
KWV Limited has appointed its first financial director....
KWV has reported falling first-half earnings as one-off costs hit profits at the South African drinks group....
Golden Kaan's strong Afro-centric packaging is set to receive a delicate Euro-centric makeover amid a "soft relaunch" of the wine's portfolio in 2007....
KWV Limited has appointed Thys Loubser as successor to CEO, Dr Willem Barnard, who is retiring after 12 years in the position....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends