IRELAND: New Irish whiskey distillery to start production this week
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week.
Dingle Distillery, in County Kerry, is believed to be the country’s first new whiskey production site to be opened since Pernod Ricard's Jameson distillery in Midleton in 1966. At present, the country has only three distilleries, the other two being owned by Beam Inc and Diageo.
Production of Dingle Distillery’s craft Irish whiskey is due to start on Thursday (29 November). Dingle Original Gin and Dingle Distillery Vodka have already been produced at the site, which are due to launch this week. They are expected to retail at EUR25 (US$32.40) per bottle, according to Oliver Hughes, distillery director.
The first 500 whiskey casks at the site are being offered to individuals, who will be known as the “founding fathers” of the company.
Earlier this year, William Grant & Sons confirmed that it will build a new distillery in Ireland for its Tullamore Dew brand, which it bought from C&C Group in 2010.
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
Over the last 10 years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a strong portfolio of premium brands on a global scale. Most of its brands enjoy a leading position in international markets. The ...
Alcoholic Drinks in Denmark industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
Alcoholic Drinks in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review