UK: New Havana Club offering hits UK
Havana Club International is to launch a brand extension in the UK.
The company, which is part of a joint venture between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, said today (17 November) that it will add to its golden rum offering with an evolution of its Añejo Especial rum.
HCI had planned to launch the rum in the UK at some point next year, but said it has brought the launch date forward because of what it calls "exceptional sales" of Añejo Especial in the UK. Añejo Especial is a blend of rums aged up to five years, while the new blend will contain more four- and five-year-old rums, HCI said.
"Havana Club International has taken the decision to age the Añejo Especial even further," said Roger Harrison, head of marketing at Pernod Ricard UK. "Havana Club Añejo Especial is a delicate fusion of aged rums matured in oak barrels, ranging from two to five year old rums. The age of these rums is determined by the length of time they are matured in their oak barrels."
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Cruzan Rum has introduced a ninth flavour to its rum portfolio in the US....
Maxxium Worldwide has broken through the EUR2bn (US$2.7bn) barrier for the first time in full-year turnover....
Castle Brands has closed its private placement and raised US$21m....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Pernod Ricard is switching distribution for its Seagram's Coolers in the US....
Bacardi USA has signed a lease for a new headquarters currently in construction in Florida....
Pernod Ricard has recorded a lift in Q3 sales, thanks in part to a strong performance during the Chinese New Year....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)