LIWF 2013 - UK: New guild puts gin on the agenda
The Gin Guild now has 40 members
The head of a new UK trade body for gin has said that the spirit requires its own representation, because it is “more complex” than vodka.
At the London International Wine Fair today (21 May), Nicholas Cook, director general of The Gin Guild, told just-drinks that gin is “such a big area” that it needed more focused support. Founding members Diageo, William Grant & Sons, Bacardi and Chivas Brothers helped spin The Gin Guild out from the Worshipful Company of Distillers in October, Cook said.
It now has 40 members and aims to bring gin makers together to promote the spirit around the world.
Cook said the organisation will operate along the same lines as whisky guild The Keepers of The Quaich. The Gin Guild has already held a “gin debate” at JP Morgan's office's in London this month, with a repeat performance due tomorrow at the LIWF.
For editor Olly Wehring's opinion on the debate held earlier this month, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets