UK: New global ad campaign for Baileys
Diageo is introducing a new global advertising campaign for its Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur. The first advertisement of the "Serve Chilled" TV campaign made its global debut on UK TV on Monday (10 October).
"Served Chilled" is part of a GBP5m Christmas marketing plan for the Baileys brand in the UK, which also includes outdoor, print, radio and below-the-line activity. The TV campaign is made up of a series of 30 second ads with various executions.
The first ad, named "Ice Bucket," shows the central characters, Lewis and Kelly, relaxing with friends in the Californian sun outside their Hollywood home. Lewis is standing at the drinks table, on which are placed a bottle of Baileys, an ice bucket and several glasses. After several unsuccessful attempts at trying to put an ice cube in a glass using tongs, Lewis pours a measure of Baileys straight into the ice bucket, adds a straw and sits down.
"Magic", the second ad in the series, introduces a new way to serve Baileys - Baileys blended with ice. To promote this, Diageo Great Britain has aligned with Moulinex to produce Baileys branded blenders, which will be available in Tesco, Asda, Dixon's, Curry's, Comet and Argos.
From mid-November the "Serve Chilled" campaign evolves into a Christmas setting with a series of 20-second and 10-second ads, using the same cast of characters.
In a statement, Matt Hunt, senior brand manager for Baileys, said: "Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur is Britain's most popular take-home spirit brand. This campaign is aimed at encouraging consumers to enjoy Baileys in new ways and in less-formal, more-relaxed occasions.
"We're confident the "Serve Chilled" TV campaign will resonate well with our consumers."
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research