US: New general counsel at PBG appointed
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has elected a new general counsel. The company's board of directors said yesterday (14 December) that Steven M. Rapp will become senior vice-president, general counsel and secretary of PBG.
An 18-year veteran of the Pepsi system, Rapp replaces Pamela C. McGuire who has been appointed senior vice-president and deputy general counsel, Business Practices and Compliance for PepsiCo, Inc. Both will assume their new duties on 3 January.
In making the announcement, John T. Cahill, PBG chairman and CEO, said: "Steve brings a wide breadth of experience to the role of general counsel. He was an important player in PBG's initial public offering and led the legal work on all of the company's acquisitions, including the acquisition of the largest Pepsi bottler in Mexico. With his thorough understanding of PBG's business issues, Steve is well-equipped to provide excellent legal counsel."
"On behalf of the board of directors, I want to thank Pam for her dedicated service to PBG," Cahill added. "It is bittersweet to see Pam leave us. She has been a core member of PBG's executive team since the IPO, helping to create the company's corporate governance principles and establishing a top-notch legal department. We will miss her valuable counsel, but we wish Pam all the best in her new role at PepsiCo."
Rapp joined PepsiCo as a corporate lawyer in 1986. He was appointed division counsel of Pepsi-Cola Company in 1994. Four years later, he joined PBG, where he was promoted to vice-president and deputy general counsel in 1999.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) has agreed a deal with Hershey Entertainment & Resorts which will see Pepsi become the official beverage at numerous Hershey resorts including Hersheypark, The Hotel Her...
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed a new independent auditor....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
PepsiCo is rolling out a lime version of its Pepsi and Diet Pepsi brands....
PepsiAmericas yesterday reported a small rise in first quarter net income and earnings per share to US$20.8m and US$0.15 respectively. The results compares to net income of US$20.5m US$0.14 for the fi...
Cadbury Schweppes plans to add Splenda artificial sweetener to Diet 7 Up next month....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends