FRANCE: New flavours lift Orangina-Schweppes FY sales
Orangina sales rise in France
Orangina-Schweppes France has reported an increase in sales for 2009 and has outperformed the French soft drinks market so far in 2010.
Sales for 2009 totaled EUR520m (US$634m), up 11% on the previous year, said the group, which is owned by Japan's Suntory.
President and CEO Patrick Mispolet said growth was driven by the launch of new flavours and fine weather.
“All of our brands (which include Orangina, Schweppes, Oasis and Pulco) are doing well,” Mispolet said.
The trend has continued into 2010 with Orangina-Schweppes recording a 10% rise in value sales in the first quarter, against a French soft drinks market up around 5%.
Mispolet said there will be more product innovation in 2010. Advertising spend will be “at least 10%” higher than the EUR70m spent in 2009, he said, adding the firm plans to focus on increasing market share in the still fruit drinks segment.
Global soft drinks sales proved to be somewhat recession resilient in 2009, though consumers did turn away from the premium spending that has driven the expansion of smaller categories like energy dri...
The nine-month shipments of beer and quasi-beer in Japan have fallen to new depths, despite a strong September that was helped by good weather....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research