UK: New finance director at Greene King
UK brewer and pub group Greene King has appointed a new group finance director.
The company said today (28 November) that Ian Bull would replace Michael Shallow, whose resignation was announced in April.
Shallow's resignation will take effect from the end of next month, when he will leave to seek new challenges outside the company after 14 years with Greene King.
Currently chief executive of enterprises at BT Retail, Bull will assume the position on 9 January.
Greene King chief executive Rooney Anand said: "I am delighted that Ian has agreed to join Greene King and believe that he is the ideal appointment at a time of very exciting development for the company.
He added: "He has extensive financial experience in a range of consumer-facing businesses, which will be invaluable, and the board and I look forward to welcoming him to the company and working with him."
The company operates more than 2,300 pubs and brews beers such as Greene King IPA, Abbot Ale and Old Speckled Hen.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role