AUS: New director at Lion Nathan, Coopers says No
Lion Nathan has appointed a new non-executive director. The Australian company, which has seen its overtures for family brewer Coopers rejected this week, said today (7 September) that Peter Bush, the current CEO of McDonald's Australia, will join with immediate effect.
Bush's background is in consumer goods, having worked at Johnson and Johnson, Unilever, Reckitt & Coleman and Arnotts. He was formerly chief executive of AGB-McNair and chairman and chief executive of Schwarzkopf Australasia.
The board of Coopers Brewery Ltd said yesterday that it has rejected an A$352m takeover bid from Lion Nathan. The board has strongly recommended that the company's 117 shareholders take no action in relation to the A$260 per share offer.
After some less than successful diversification in recent years, Lion Nathan is focusing its attentions back on beer and winning the approval of analysts in the process. The company looks set to gain ...
Integrating spirits, wine and beer has proved problematic for major drinks groups over the years but expansionary moves by the two major Australian brewers, Foster's Group and Lion Nathan, suggest tha...
Lion Nathan has returned to court in its long-running battle with takeover target Coopers Brewery....
Coopers Brewery is fighting the takeover attempt from fellow Australian brewer Lion Nathan....
Lion Nathan today announced that it intends to make an off-market offer for Coopers Brewery Ltd (Coopers). The offer of A$260 per share in cash values Coopers at A$352m....
Lion Nathan has received further assurances that it is not about to be taken over....
Lion Nathan has played down speculation that it may be the subject of a takeover....
Lion Nathan has said it is on target to reach its full-year net profit after tax forecast for 2005 of between A$230m and A$235m before one-off charges....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends