UK: New director appointed at William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has followed its switch of marketing director last week with the appointment of a new director.
Iain Napier, the current chairman of Imperial Tobacco Group and McBride, will join William Grant's board in a non-executive capacity from today (15 May).
Napier also holds current directorships at John Menzies, Collins Stewart and Molson Coors Brewing Co. He has also previously held chief executive positions at Bass Brewers and Bass International Brewers.
"With his extensive experience in business management, Iain Napier will chair the company's audit committee as we continue to focus on the long-term development of our award-winning portfolio of spirits brands," said company chairman, Peter Gordon.
Earlier this month, William Grant confirmed that Maurice Doyle, the current MD of Bacardi's travel retail unit, will replace Steven Sturgeon as its group marketing director in August.
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
Molson Coors Brewing Co is to pay a quarterly dividend of US$0.24 per share....
Cobra Beer has developed a multi-media campaign to coincide with its sponsorship of National Curry Week....
Canada-based wine firm Andrew Peller has reported a drop in half-year profits, despite an increase in sales...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
MillerCoors has said that the US beer market is heading for decline in 2009, but the brewer highlighted progress for its premium light portfolio....
Molson Coors, the Canada-based brewer, has reported double digit growth in net earnings in the third quarter of 2009....
Higher beer prices helped MillerCoors, the US brewing venture of SABMiller and Molson Coors, to increase net sales in the third quarter of 2009, with the group also reporting a double digit rise in pr...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research