US: New communications VP at Cadbury Schweppes
Cadbury Schweppes has announced the appointment of a new vice-president of corporate communication for its Americas unit. Charles J. Alfaro has been appointed to the newly-created position, the company announced yesterday, effective from 26 April.
Alfaro is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. and reports to Cadbury Schweppes Americas Confectionery president and CEO Matthew Shattock, based in Parsippany; Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages president and CEO Gilbert M. Cassagne, based in Plano, Texas; and Andraea Dawson-Shepherd, director of corporate communication at Cadbury Schweppes headquarters in London.
Alfaro was most recently with Hoffman-La Roche Inc. (Roche) pharmaceuticals in the US, where he served as executive director of corporate and business communications. He joined Roche in July 1997, managing product public relations. Prior to that, he worked for a New York-based PR agency.
"Charles brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise to this new and dynamic position," said Dawson-Shepherd. "(He) will have responsibility for communications strategy, tactics and execution in support of the regional and Cadbury Schweppes business objectives."
In addition to communications initiatives, Alfaro is also responsible for support of CS financial public relations activities in the US, and management of initiatives addressing global and regional food issues, as well as reputation management.
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed a new director to its board....
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a positive trading statement....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review