US: New communications director for WWC
The Washington Wine Commission (WWC) has appointed a new communications director. The organisation, which represents Washington state's wineries and wine grape growers, has hired Regan Sheehy to manage internal and external communications for the organisation.
Sheehy is charged with promoting Washington state as a premier wine region and managing media relations on behalf of the WWC. She is also responsible for supporting the industry's newly-launched branding campaign and the commission's marketing activities and events, including Taste Washington and the Auction of Washington Wines.
"Regan's strong public relations background, professionalism and proven experience made her the clear choice as our new communications director," said Jane Baxter Lynn, executive director for the WWC and Washington Wine Institute. "Her talent and drive make her a tremendous asset to the Washington wine industry."
Prior to joining the commission, Sheehy worked as an account supervisor at international public relations firm Edelman. Among other projects, she led the launch of the WWC's integrated branding campaign designed to increase consumer awareness, drive sales for Washington state's wines and promote tourism throughout the state's wine country.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends