CUBA: New chief set for Havana Club
Marc Beuve Méry, who has served at Pernod's operations in Spain and Mexico, will take the role in Cuba on 1 September. Current managing director Philippe Coutin will next month take an identical role at Pernod Ricard Spain.
Méry, 45, has spent 16 years at the French drinks giant. After a series of finance roles, he became managing director of Pernod Ricard Mexico in 2003.
Following Pernod's acquisition of Allied Domecq last year, Méry was appointed to the role of chief operating officer of Mexican brandy business Casa Pedro Domecq.
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Pernod Ricard is toasting a strong performance in the UK off-trade over the Christmas period....
Diageo has ceased production of its Bushmills Irish cream liqueur due to the dwindling popularity of the brand....
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, looks set to buy a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Canadian spirits group Corby Distilleries has reported a set of "solid" results for the first half of its financial year....
The UK arm of Beam Global Spirits and Wine is lining up a promotion for its Harveys sherry....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman