CUBA: New chief set for Havana Club
Marc Beuve Méry, who has served at Pernod's operations in Spain and Mexico, will take the role in Cuba on 1 September. Current managing director Philippe Coutin will next month take an identical role at Pernod Ricard Spain.
Méry, 45, has spent 16 years at the French drinks giant. After a series of finance roles, he became managing director of Pernod Ricard Mexico in 2003.
Following Pernod's acquisition of Allied Domecq last year, Méry was appointed to the role of chief operating officer of Mexican brandy business Casa Pedro Domecq.
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Pernod Ricard is toasting a strong performance in the UK off-trade over the Christmas period....
Diageo has ceased production of its Bushmills Irish cream liqueur due to the dwindling popularity of the brand....
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, looks set to buy a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Canadian spirits group Corby Distilleries has reported a set of "solid" results for the first half of its financial year....
The UK arm of Beam Global Spirits and Wine is lining up a promotion for its Harveys sherry....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research