US: New chairman at Vermont Pure
Vermont Pure Holdings, Ltd. has appointed a new chairman. The bottled water company announced yesterday that, following its recent annual meeting of stockholders, the board of directors has appointed an independent director, David R. Preston, as its chairman of the board.
Timothy Fallon, the former chairman, will continue as CEO and a director of the company.
Preston has been a director of Vermont Pure since 1995 and is a member of the board's compensation, audit and executive committees. He is a retired division president and corporate officer of the Gillette Company.
In a statement, Preston said: "Separating the role of chairman from the role of CEO provides for clearer and, we hope, ultimately better corporate governance. And that's what we should be striving for."
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018