US: New CFO for Diageo North America
Diageo North America has appointed a new CFO. Ivan Menezes, president and CEO of Diageo North America announced today that Deirdre Mahlan has been promoted to senior vice-president and CFO at the company.
Mahlan, formerly vice-president, finance for Diageo-Guinness USA (DGUSA), Diageo's North American beer company, takes on the role from outgoing CFO John Stewart.
"Deirdre is a superb financial strategist, a dynamic leader and a trusted adviser. She understands the beverage alcohol business and her experience will enable Diageo to maintain its momentum in North America," said Menezes.
"I want to thank John for his enormous contribution over the last 3 years," said Menezes. "He has played an integral role in shaping Diageo's current financial health over a period of huge change for our organisation."
As CFO of Diageo North America, which represents 40% of Diageo's worldwide business, Mahlan will direct the company's financial strategy in North America and communicate the company's financial position to internal and external stakeholders.
"I look forward to building on Diageo's tradition of transparency in financial reporting while working with our commercial teams to build our presence in North America," said Mahlan.
Mahlan joined Diageo in 2002 following the Seagram acquisition. From 1992 to 2001, she had a number of roles at Seagram including assistant controller; vice-president of audit, global beverage and entertainment; vice-president of finance, The Seagram Spirits and Wine Group.
Mahlan is succeeded at DGUSA by Alison Potts-Groenstein, who joined Diageo in early 2004.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future