US: New CEO for Delicato Vineyards
Delicato Family Vineyards has appointed a new CEO. The winegrower announced yesterday that Christopher Indelicato, 38, will succeed Eric Morham, who has resigned to take a senior position with another winery.
A third generation family member, Indelicato has been involved in the winery and its business since his youth. His previous positions involved finance, administration, sales and many special projects. During his winery career, Indelicato has held posts as National Accounts Manager and, most recently, CFO. He has also been a member of the winery's board of directors since 1999.
In a statement, Vincent Indelicato, chairman of the board, said: "Chris has demonstrated great leadership, most recently serving as the number two executive. Today's announcement is the fulfilment of our 5-year plan in which we hired outside CEO Eric Morham to help us grow our business and mentor the next generation of leadership."
As CEO, Indelicato will lead the executive management committee and serve as the primary link between management and the board of directors.
In accepting the position, Indelicato said: "This is a very exciting time in my life and for Delicato. We have tremendous resources in place - including world-class vineyards and the winemaking knowledge and experience gained over 80 years. We also have an outstanding senior management team and a very strong board of directors. We are poised for the future and I look forward to working with them and taking our company to even higher levels."
Delicato harvests more than 6,500 acres of vineyard estates across the top regions of California. The winegrower was recently named as US Wine Producer of the Year at the International Wine & Spirit Competition.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends