US: New CEO at Coca-Cola Enterprises
Coca-Cola Enterprises has shuffled its board of directors. In a statement released yesterday, the company has confirmed that John R. Alm, currently president and chief operating officer, has been elected president and chief executive officer by the board.
Lowry F. Kline, the current chairman and chief executive officer, will remain executive chairman of the board and retain active management duties. These changes are effective from 1 January 2004.
As executive chairman, Kline will continue to have management responsibility of certain corporate functions, and he and Alm will remain partners in developing the long-term strategic business plans for the Company. "Lowry and I continue to take a hard look at improving our operational approach and our entire business to meet the changing needs of our customers and consumers," said Alm.
Alm, 57, has been chief operating officer of Coca-Cola Enterprises since October 1999 and president since January 2000. He has been a member of Coca-Cola Enterprises board of directors since 2001. Kline, 63, has been chief executive officer of Coca-Cola Enterprises since April 2001, and chairman of the Board of Directors since April 2002.
While the overall market for tea in the UK has declined by some 12% over the past five years, iced tea consumption is on the rise. Annette Sessions reports on the potential for iced tea in the UK and ...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Coca-Cola Enterprises looks ready to axe around 170 jobs from its operations in the UK....
The president and CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises is quitting the company....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced the election of five officers to its corporate and North American Business Unit management teams....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has had its rating upgraded....
Workers at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities in Hartford, Connecticut and the Los Angeles area are on strike....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report