UKRAINE: New brewery for BBH
Baltic Beverages Holding is gearing up to launch its new brewery in Ukraine, according to the Association of Ukrainian Beer Producers. The company has invested €50m in the brewery, which is set to open in June this year.
In a statement, the association said: "Construction was started about a year ago and … the installation of equipment is being completed. The equipment is being tested right now." The plant, located in the capital Kiev, will have a capacity of about 12m hectolitres of beer a year. BBH currently holds an 18% market share in Ukraine.
BBH, a joint venture between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle, already controls two breweries in Ukraine, as well as 10 in Russia. It also operates in Kazakhstan and the Baltic states.
Carlsberg has finally hooked up with a state-owned Vietnamese brewer....
Carlsberg's rating has been lowered following its disappointing Q1 figures earlier this week....
Carlsberg said today that global beer volume showed a 20% increase in the first quarter of the year driven by strong organic growth in BBH as well as a considerable contribution from acquisitions, inc...
Scottish & Newcastle and Carlsberg said today that their Eastern European joint venture Baltic Beverage Holdings had seen sales volumes lift 14% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same ...
Carlsberg has appointed a managing director for its Chinese operations....
Carlsberg has increased its ownership in Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad from 49.66% to 51%. The investment amounts to approximately US$6m....
Baltika has bought into a Siberian brewer....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman