MEXICO: New bottling plant for Modelo
Grupo Modelo is building a new glass bottle plant in Mexico. The plant, in the municipality of Tierra Blanca in the Gulf state of Veracruz, will cost MXN75m (US$6.6m).
In a press release issued yesterday, state economic development minister Evererdo Sousa said the factory should be in operation early next year.
The plant is being built by Direccion de Fabricas, in which Modelo holds a 41% stake. Direccion de Fabricas is Modelo's biggest supplier of glass bottles.
The new factory should create 1,250 jobs and produce 1.3m bottles a day.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Select