UK: New bottle size for popular UK ale brand
A full programme is supporting the new size bottle with promotional and sponsorship activity and a new advertising campaign, which includes a poster campaign in Manchester starting September.
"Newcastle Brown has always been a cult brand with a loyal following of individuals. The current 550ml bottle size is challenging for the average drinker yet we know from research that people actually enjoy the product when they try it," said Sanjay Patel, brand manager for Newcastle Brown.
"By re-packaging it in a new smaller bottle, we are making it more accessible for most drinkers and the new 330ml bottle will create trial amongst first time Newcastle Brown drinkers," he added.
Newcastle Brown Draught is being rolled out in Manchester in September and is identical to the bottled version except for its temperature where it will be served at three degrees celsius.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages