UK: New bottle size for popular UK ale brand
A full programme is supporting the new size bottle with promotional and sponsorship activity and a new advertising campaign, which includes a poster campaign in Manchester starting September.
"Newcastle Brown has always been a cult brand with a loyal following of individuals. The current 550ml bottle size is challenging for the average drinker yet we know from research that people actually enjoy the product when they try it," said Sanjay Patel, brand manager for Newcastle Brown.
"By re-packaging it in a new smaller bottle, we are making it more accessible for most drinkers and the new 330ml bottle will create trial amongst first time Newcastle Brown drinkers," he added.
Newcastle Brown Draught is being rolled out in Manchester in September and is identical to the bottled version except for its temperature where it will be served at three degrees celsius.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly