UK: New bottle size for popular UK ale brand
A full programme is supporting the new size bottle with promotional and sponsorship activity and a new advertising campaign, which includes a poster campaign in Manchester starting September.
"Newcastle Brown has always been a cult brand with a loyal following of individuals. The current 550ml bottle size is challenging for the average drinker yet we know from research that people actually enjoy the product when they try it," said Sanjay Patel, brand manager for Newcastle Brown.
"By re-packaging it in a new smaller bottle, we are making it more accessible for most drinkers and the new 330ml bottle will create trial amongst first time Newcastle Brown drinkers," he added.
Newcastle Brown Draught is being rolled out in Manchester in September and is identical to the bottled version except for its temperature where it will be served at three degrees celsius.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US