BULGARIA: New bill introduced on alcohol ads
Bulgaria's parliament has imposed restrictions on the advertising of alcohol in the country. A ban has been imposed on liquor advertising, and electronic media is only permitted to broadcast commercials after 10 pm, according to local press reports.
The new health act states that indirect advertising of alcohol cannot be directed at children under the age of 18, nor can it be connected with sports and sexual achievements.
Some MPs have warned, however, that the new bill may cause problems for the sponsors of the upcoming European football tournament, Kamenitza brewery.
The maximum fine for violating the new act is BGL5,000 (US$3,086) with repeat breaches attracting fines up to BGL10,000.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts